Saturday, February 8, 2014

Caesar Dressing

Caesar salad seems to be a popular choice among, well, everybody. Then there was me, eating my standard garden salad with ranch. Not that I minded. I find it quite tasty, actually. But in my nearly 30 years of life, I'd found exactly one Caesar salad in my life I could tolerate...and it's located in a hotel several hundred miles away. However, I've now found a Caesar dressing I can eat at home. I dare say I might even like it!


Caesar Dressing
A Northwest Homestead original

Ingredients
3 garlic cloves, minced
6 anchovy fillets
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3 dashes hot sauce (like Tabasco)
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 large egg yolks
2 tablespoons grated parmesan
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and ½ cup light olive oil

Directions 
1. In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, mash chopped garlic cloves and anchovies to a fine paste with the salt
2. Stir in all other ingredients except the oils
3. Slowly whisk in oils
4. Top salad with some shredded or peeled parmesan

0 comments:

Post a Comment